Industry Promo Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
January 19-20, 2019
(Food and lodging not provided)
This is a promotional course for local industry representatives. Use the code given to you by an RMI Associate at checkout to receive the promotional discount.
Please use the code for only one representative from your organization. There are 28 total spots for this course. Seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Open for registration
Industry Promo Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Description
The Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course is a 2-day training that provides introductory medical skills to individuals working or playing in remote environments. Through a hands-on and scenario-based approach, this course offers the skills and confidence needed to make informed medical decisions when definitive care is hours away. The WFA course includes short lectures, interactive labs, and realistic scenarios that help students master the central concepts of remote medicine and effectively respond to an emergency if necessary.
RMI Training is located in the Squalicum Loft Business Park in Bellingham, WA. This facility has direct access to Squalicum park and the city of Bellingham’s vast trail network. The trail system allows access to water, beach and adverse terrain settings. The Bellingham facility has a large classroom, as well as space for conducting smaller breakout sessions. Squalicum Lofts provides the perfect location to conduct realistic training scenarios in an urban setting while maintaining a remote and wilderness feel.
Accommodations: Bellingham offers many options for lodging. Students will find they have their choice of hotels, Airbnb rentals, campgrounds, and VRBO rentals. Some options include:
- Springhill Suites by Marriott
- La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Bellwether
- Home2 Suites by Hilton
- Chrysalis Inn & Spa
- Heliotrope Hotel
- Fairhaven Village Inn
- Marriott Town Place Suites
- Larrabee State Park
- Birch Bay State Park
Meals and Dining: The city of Bellingham has many options for dining, including:
- Anthony’s Hearthfire Grill
- Anthony’s at Squalicum Harbor
- The Loft
- Brotha Dudes
- Neto’s Market and Bakery
- Haggen grocery store
- Uber Eats operates in Bellingham and delivers a wide array of food options.
Bellingham offers many activities for the outdoor enthusiast:
- World class downhill mountain biking at Galbraith Mountain and the Chuckanut trail system
- Downhill & backcountry skiing at the Mt. Baker ski area
- Sea kayaking in the San Juan Islands and nearby waterways
- Whale watching in the San Juan islands and nearby waterways
- Trail hiking and climbing in the Cascades and Chuckanut trail systems
- Salmon fishing in the in the nearby waterways and San Juan Islands
Bellingham.org is a great website for exploring all Bellingham has to offer.
1 (206) 686-4878